People that make a town a hometown
About Edgerton, OHEdgerton sits in the extreme northwest corner of Ohio, a prominent part of the former Northwest Territory. The Village of Edgerton was officially incorporated as of December 4, 1865, bearing the name of the industrious Alfred P. Edgerton, an agent of the American Lands Company.
The Edgerton Chamber of Commerce (previously the Edgerton Businessmen’s Association) was formed after the end of World War II. In the words of Roger Strup, “The purpose of the Edgerton Chamber of Commerce is to improve the cultural and economic welfare of the Edgerton, Ohio area. The Chamber acts as a clearing house for ideas, activities, and information and translates them into action.” The Chamber of Commerce has sponsored such events as the annual Homecoming celebration and the Easter egg hunt held on the lawn of Park View Nursing Center.
Edgerton remains a community that cares about the individual. It is home to numerous civic and service organizations such as the Edgerton Area Foundation, the local Boy Scouts, and many more. With a proud history, Edgerton can face the future with the assurance that its residents are ready for any challenges that may come. We are the people that make a town a hometown. Through unity and firm resolve, Edgerton will continue adding stories of good memories and positive progress to its history.